Geraldine Frances “Jeri” Nein-Nein Cox Wilson.
Lessons I’m still learning from my 90-year-0ld grandmother:
- Phone calls to say ‘hi’ can be quick. Just let people know you’re thinking about them.
- If you work hard in your garden all day and eat what you grow, you can have ice cream every single night (with toppings).
- Almost every child ever is a handful – deal with it.
- Crafts and hobbies are wonderfully addictive.
- Squeal a little when things make you happy.
- Reader’s Digest is way better than television.
- Playing in the woods is way better than Reader’s Digest.
- It doesn’t matter what a person looks like, where they come from, what they’ve done – every single person deserves the same amount of love.
- You don’t need any more than you need. If you have too much or can make more, give it to someone else.
- Walk fast – there’s lots to do.